Friday, June 28, 2013

Ladies that howl!

I am reviewing The Daughter's of Artemis today. I wasn't sure how I was going to like this. I read a lot of m/m books but I hadn't really had any f/f books jump out at me and say READ ME! So while I was browsing around and found this. It struck my fancy so I said hey why not! So here's the dealio.

The Fullness That Love Began by Marie Carlson

Its not easy being alpha, even more so when you are female. This is a steamy short story about the two top ladies in the pack and how they add a little spice in their relationship that ends with a little more love.

The Fire of Her Eyes by K. Piet

Katya has become pack alpha after human hunters wipe out half her pack. While on the run and trying to protect her pack they run into a lone blind tiger shifter named Yun. Katya makes a deal with her to protect her in exchange for healing her pack. While they continue to find the best way for the pack they find a new way for each other.

Luna's Mate Shashauna P. Thomas

Luna is out camping, and finds herself being hunted by some wolves, just to have someone tell her she was imagining it. After returning home she discovers she was not dreaming it up, and she is not as normal as she thought she was. This was very creative with the world that was build.

To Pierce the Sky by Erik Moore
Susan is not your average wolf shifter, even as a pack member and elder she is set apart. But and adventurous lady who is convinced she can document real werewolves for tv comes and breaks down the walls of the loner she wolf. This one was a really sweet read.

Protect the Moon by Della Buckland

Toni McGowan is a bounty hunter. She's assigned to protect a witch until the new moon, and she's not happy about it, and neither is the witch. But with Demons, other wolves and lots of energy going on, who knows what will happen. This one has quite the surprise ending that I did not see coming. It was pretty cool.

Sacrifices by S.L. Armstrong

And last but not least, I liked this one. I wasn't sure I was going to. The were pack is led by an already established mated femail pair. But the king of the weres tells her that she needs to stop beating up the males challenging her and find a better way to lead or he'll take her pack away. How to do this? Have a baby! Except her mate doesn't have the right parts to do that. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the whole bringing in the dude thing, except the author wrote it very well. It's not just a knock em up and everyone is happy story. The ladies have to really work on their relationship together to make this work, and they go through a lot to pick just the right man for the job. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.


All in all it was a pretty good read. Not bad considering I think it's harder for people to write FF stories that help you really connect to the characters. I was very happy I got a chance to read this. If you like weres and ladies, give this a shot!

You can find it here at Storm Moon Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment