Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Forester Trilogy Book 1!

Good morning all you book whores out there! It's been a crazy beginning to the year and I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. Today I get to tell you about the Forester. I was lucky enough to get my hands on books 1 & 2 of the trilogy. I can't wait for 3 to come out!


Kelnaht, a cloud elf, is a truth seeker caught between love and faith. Worse, a murder committed ten days before Solstice reveals an illicit affair between two tree elves he desires more than he can admit: Kelnaht's former lover Ianys, who once betrayed him, and the shunned forester named Taruif, who is not allowed to talk to anyone but The Guide, their spiritual pathfinder. When Taruif turns out to be the only witness for the crime, Kelnaht has to keep Ianys from sacrificing himself and losing his daughter, while at the same time realising he'd gladly sacrifice himself to end Taruif's loneliness.

So, I really liked this one. It captured me right away. There are a lot of paranormal books out there of all different kinds and it's becoming increasingly rarer to find something that stands out in that area. This definitely stood out for me. Kelnaht is like a bad ass flying elf detective. We get to follow him as he hunts down a murderer and as he gets tangled in his emotions for not one but two other elves. One of which is the forester, who no ones allowed to speak to cause he's shunned, and second his ex, who betrayed him for a chick back in the day. It's very conflicting for him and emotional. I loved it. I read this in one sitting and was so glad I had the second book ready to dive into! Stay tuned for my review of the second book : )

5 smooches to The Forester! You can find it here!



No comments:

Post a Comment